Guide to Seclira WSG in Australia
Guide to Seclira WSG – in Australia
What Is Seclria WSG? Learn The Ingredients, Uses and Applications
Seclira® WSG is an insecticide manufactured by BASF, a globally renowned chemical and agricultural solutions provider. It is used for controlling and managing a wide range of agricultural pests affecting crops, vegetation and stored produce. Seclira® WSG contains the active ingredient Dinotefuran, which helps to kill target insects quickly and efficiently. In addition to controlling agricultural pests, it also has applications in residential settings. These include termite control and cockroach treatment. Seclira® WSG is classified as a hazard group 3 pesticide and should only be used with caution when applying to any environment. This guide will provide an overview of Seclira® WSG’s chemical properties, its benefits, applications, and safety. We’ll also cover the potential environmental impacts associated with its use.
Seclira® WSG is a product of BASF Pest Control Solutions.It is intended for use in and around commercial, industrial and residential buildings. Its active ingredient Dinotefuran is an insecticide that helps to quickly and efficiently kill pests. Such as termites, cockroaches and other insects.
The insecticide-fungicide combination product, has been approved by the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) for use in Australia. It is labeled for use on a variety of crops including wheat, barley, corn, oats and sorghum. The active ingredients in Seclira WSG are a mix of two insecticides (bifenthrin and chlorantraniliprole) as well as two fungicides (azoxystrobin and propiconazole).
All applications must follow local regulations for proper safety precautions.
Who Is BASF in Australia
BASF is a global leader in chemical and specialised solutions for many industries across Australia. With offices in all major Australian cities, BASF provides tailored products and services to meet the needs of the local markets. In addition to pest control solutions like Seclira® WSG, BASF also produces sustainable construction products. Also crop protection products as well as an extensive range of coatings and adhesives. With its commitment to innovation, sustainability and quality, BASF continues to be a trusted partner of many businesses in Australia.
Seclria® WSG Insecticide is a broad-spectrum insecticide comprised of an active constituent, dinotefuran, at 400 g/kg. Dinotefuran works by targeting the insect’s nervous system, effectively paralyzing them and eventually leading to their death. It also acts as an Inhibitory Action Receptor inhibitor that prevents synapses in the bug’s brain from transmitting signals, thus leading to paralysis and death. Dinotefuran is effective against many species of insects and can be used in outdoor spaces such as gardens, orchards and turf.
Mode of Action
The mode of action is contact and ingestion. This means that when an insect comes into contact with the product, it will be at risk of paralysis or death. Dinotefuran targets the insect’s nervous system. It prevents synapses in their brain from transmitting signals, leading to immobility and eventual death. Ingestion also can cause similar effects as it is absorbed into the insect’s gut where it interferes with nerve impulses, ultimately leading to paralysis and death.
Seclira® WSG is effective at controlling a variety of pests, including ants, cockroaches and silverfish. It’s also effective at controlling beetles, fleas, ticks, and spiders. As a broadcast treatment, it can be used to provide both indoor and outdoor pest control. This can help protect your home from infestations of common pests. As a spot treatment, it can be used to target specific areas where pests are known to be present, such as around doors and windows or in wall voids.
It is important to mix the product with water. Ensure to mix in accordance with the specific mixing ratio recommended on the product label. Suitable application equipment such as knapsack or hand-lawn sprayers can then be used to apply the mixed solution.
Seclira® WSG can be used in a range of application. From industrial painting and coating solutions to household cleaning products. As well as disinfection sprays and solutions. It is essential to follow the application instructions provided on the product label for optimal results.
A. Equipment – Seclira® WSG should be mixed with water according to the instructions on the product label. It is then applied using a suitable application equipment such as knapsack or hand-lawn sprayers.
B. Painting and Coating – Industrial painting and coating solutions can benefit from the use of Seclira® WSG. As it is designed to provide excellent coverage and superior adhesion even in challenging conditions.
C. Household Cleaning Products – Allowing users to achieve deeper cleaning power. Plus improved performance without compromising safety standards or environmental responsibility.
D. Disinfectant – Disinfection sprays and solutions made with Seclira® WSG are effective at killing germs, viruses, and other pathogens. It’s also safe for humans, animals, and the environment alike.
It is important to always follow the application instructions provided on the product label when using Seclira® WSG. This ensures optimal performance and desired results are achieved every time it is used for any purpose.
Health and Safety Considerations
Seclira® WSG should be handled with caution. It has a potential toxicity to humans and animals if ingested or when coming into contact with the skin or eyes. It has been identified as having potential carcinogenicity in humans and can cause corrosion in certain metals. To ensure safety, personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves should be worn. Always follow instructions on the product label should be followed at all times when using Seclira® WSG.
Many of the components that comprise the product have been found to have some degree of toxicity when ingested or inhaled.However their levels are close to, or below permitted thresholds for human exposure. Thus pose minimal health risks when handled and applied correctly.
Seclira® WSG has been shown to be non-toxic when used according to the product label. Always follow the instructions to minimise potential health risks associated with its use.
Volatile Organic Compounds
Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) emissions refer to the release of organic compounds into the air. This happens through a chemical reaction or evaporation process. Seclira® is known to have low VOC emissions. Meaning that it has minimal impacts on the environment when as per the product label.
Benefits of Using Seclira® WSG
- Reduced VOC emission levels. Mminimising environmental impacts.
- High biodegradability rating. Allowing it to be broken down quickly and reducing the chances of pollutants entering water sources.
- Easy to use. With simple instructions provided by the manufacturer for accurate application and reduced waste.
- Rapid degradation time. Limiting any potential long-term impacts on local ecosystems.
- Effective against a broad range of pests. Providing lasting control over problem areas.
- Low toxicity for humans and animals alike. Making it safe to use around people and pets when applied correctly.
- Cost-effective solution when compared to alternative pesticides. Providing great value for money spent on products and services related to pest control.
Disadvantages of Using Seclira® WSG
- Environmental regulations may limit its use in certain areas, depending on local laws.
- Residual activity can increase the risk of ground and surface water contamination. This is only if directions for dilution and application are not followed precisely.
- Can be hazardous to aquatic life if used inappropriately. Possibly leading to potential death or injury of individual organisms within a given water source.
- May require special protective clothing when handling. Due to potential skin and eye irritation from direct contact with the product in certain cases.
- Potential for odors to linger after application. These may be unpleasant for those in close proximity to treated areas. Though this is typically short-lived and dissipates rapidly once the product has been applied correctly.
- Not suitable for applications where direct food contact is likely. Due to residual effects that could potentially pose a threat to human health if ingested.
- Possibility of pest resistance developing over time. Requiring additional treatments or alternative methods of control.
How long does Seclira last?
Seclira has a residual activity of 3 months, meaning it leaves a protective barrier that can prevent further infestation for up to 3 months.
How long does Dinotefuran last in plants?
Dinotefuran lasts for 3-6 months in plants.
Is Seclira safe?
Seclira is generally safe when used according to instructions provided by the manufacturer. It has a low toxicity level for humans and animals alike. As with any other pest control product, however, personal protective clothing should be worn during application. Direct exposure should be minimised whenever possible.
How does Seclira work?
Seclira works by disrupting the nervous system of target pests. Resulting in immediate death or paralysis depending on the species. The active ingredient binds irreversibly to the insect’s nerve cells. This restricts pests to be able to detoxify themselves and become resistant over time. Additionally, it leaves a residual effect of up to 3 months after application. Effectively providing continued control against any newly emerging insects.
How much does it cost?
Seclira is available in a range of different sizes. Prices will vary depending on the amount purchased.With larger quantities typically being more cost-effective. You can check pricing information through the manufacturer or your local pesticide supplier. The price for granules costs between $120 and $200 for 200 grams.
Why is seclira popular with pest control companies?
Seclira is quickly becoming the go-to product for pest control companies due to its powerful, yet safe ingredients. Pest control companies have found that Seclira is extremely effective at eliminating a wide range of pests. Moreover, Seclira’s non-toxic nature makes it safe to use in both indoor and outdoor settings. The combination of safety and efficacy has made it highly popular with pest control companies. It provides them with an effective and eco-friendly solution to their customers’ pest problems.
Facts about Seclira in Australia
- Seclira is registered for use against a wide range of insect pests, including cockroaches, ants, flies and mosquitoes in residential, commercial and industrial settings. (Source: Australian Pesticides & Veterinary Medicines Authority
- It is formulated with Dinotefuran as the active ingredient and provides fast-acting control with residual protection on treated surfaces. (Source: Syngenta Pty Ltd)
- As an approved insecticide in Australia, it must be applied by licensed pesticide applicators only. (Source: Australian Pesticides & Veterinary Medicines Authority)
Seclira is the ideal tool for dealing with a variety of pests, both in a professional and home setting. It offers an effective solution at a reasonable price, giving you peace of mind when it comes to protecting your home or business. Professionals can feel confident knowing that their clients are receiving the best pest treatment money can buy.While homeowners can rest assured that their property is being looked after with care and attention to detail. Seclira is a must-have for anyone looking for superior protection against pests.
Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA): https://www.apvma.gov.au/
Chemical Safety, a section of the Australian Government Department of Health: https://www.chemicalsafety.gov.au/